See our Upcoming Events to meet and get more information.
"Where Neighborly and Comfort come together."
At Klingensmith's Drug Stores, we carry diabetic shoes and offer you the convenience and privacy of having your shoes fitted by one of our diabetic shoe specialists at the store of your choice!
Call us today to see if you qualify!
Did you know?
- One in four Americans will develop foot complications due to their diabetes.
- The Centers for Disease Control has estimated that annually, 86,000 lower limb amputations occur due to diabetes.
- Properly fitted shoes are essential for reducing these risks.
Klingensmith's Drug Stores has partnered with footwear vendors to provide you with shoes created from the world's finest leathers and designed specifically for the diabetic foot.
How do you qualify?
The physician (M.D. or D.O.) who manages your systemic diabetes is called the "certifying physician". The certifying physician must state the following:
- You have diabetes mellitus
- You exhibit one or more of the conditions which Medicare describes as an at-risk factor:
- History of partial or complete amputation of the foot
- History of previous foot ulceration
- History of pre-ulcerative callus
- Peripheral neuropathy with evidence of callus formation
- Foot deformity
- Poor circulation
- You are being treated under a comprehensive plan of care for your diabetes and that you would benefit from therapeutic shoes and/or inserts.
How much will it cost?
Your insurance may cover all or part of the cost for your diabetic shoes.
Call our billing office today to discuss your insurance coverage and schedule an appointment with one of our Diabetic Foot Specialists.