Dear Patients and Customers,
Keeping you and our employees safe and healthy is a top priority at Klingensmith’s. We’ve always taken pride in the cleanliness of our stores and know that right now that is more important than ever. In addition to normal cleaning routines we have begun cleaning countertops, pin pads and cart/shopping baskets hourly. We are also taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning and hand washing (or the use of hand sanitizer when soap and water isn’t available) as one of the most important preventive measures one can take.
We are also doing our best to keep our shelves stocked with the items you need.
We will continue to work hard to be your pharmacy of choice and honor our commitment to provide the best service possible to you and your family.
David J Cippel
December 20, 2020
- Will Klings be administering the Covid-19 Vaccine?
Yes. We have been approved by the PA Dept of Health and all of our pharmacists are qualified.
- When will Klings be receiving the Covid-19 Vaccine?
After the CDC and the PA DOH make the decision to release the vaccine for administration to the general public. This will be after the first wave of vaccine has been administered to front-line healthcare workers, first-responders and patients who reside in skilled-nursing facilities. We are anticipating that it will be later in the first-quarter of 2021.
- How do I get on the list to receive the vaccine?
We will provide more information on patient sign-ups as the details are released.
September 3, 2020
We are continuing to follow CDC and Dept of Health guidelines. We do have drive thru service at several locations and our refill app. We also offer Free Prescription Delivery.
March 31, 2020
More ways to help stop the spread.
- Refill App
- Use our existing Interactive phone prescription reordering. Just follow the prompts and take note of any change in hours.
- MedSync and Free Delivery – get all your prescriptions delivered to your door at one time. Just ask us! (Some exceptions to MedSync may apply.)
- Express Shopping List (our employees will be your personal shopper and have it ready to pickup). For locations that have a drive thru, drop off your list at the Drive Thru or call ahead, we’ll let you know when your items are ready. Locations without Drive Thru: call ahead or drop off the list and stop back later. Try to keep these visits to a minimum, just like your weekly or less frequent grocery trips, and try to pickup your prescriptions at the same time. Of course we want to see your friendly faces, but right now we need to stop the spread of Covid-19.
March 30, 2020
Starting April 1, 2020 we are temporarily adjusting our business hours.
- Opening time at Ford City (M-F) will be 9AM vs 8:30AM. All other locations have their same opening time.
- Closing for all locations (M-F) will be 5:30PM. Drive Thru, where available, will remain open until 6PM.
- Weekend hours remain unchanged at this time.
You may notice plastic barriers and blue tape in our stores. These are a reminder to maintain social distancing of about 6 feet.
March 30, 2020
Our refill app is now live. We are pushing this one out a bit quicker than we planned to so please bear with the team as they get up to speed with it as well. There is a “Patient Portal” link at the top and bottom of each page on our website that will take you to our partner RxLocal where you can refill your Klingensmith’s prescriptions via web or mobile app.
March 24, 2020
Our coffee bars and self serve fountain drinks, where available, are closed until further notice to minimize these high contact areas.
March 20, 2020
We have made the decision to temporarily stop in person lottery transactions at all locations, starting March 21, 2020, until further notice. The instant kiosk remains open at West Kittanning and Ford City.
Additionally, our Ford City front counter and coffee bar will open at 8:30AM instead of 7AM Mon-Fri. The pharmacy will open at 9AM as usual. Weekend hours remain unchanged. Other locations remain unchanged.
We, at Klingensmith’s, take the utmost pride in our ability to serve the residents of the local community.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of the people in our community as well as our employees.
With these concerns in mind, we would like to ask for your help in making sure that you continue to get the medications and OTC products that you require.
- STOP. If you are not feeling well and experiencing any flu like symptoms, please do not enter the pharmacy.
Ask a healthy family member or friend to get your prescription filled or we will gladly deliver it to you.
We have the ability to provide a ‘no contact’ delivery if you would like that. We will deliver your prescription and leave it in a safe place such as a mailbox or between your doors, but you must be home. We will reach out to you through a call or text message when your order is about to be delivered.
- If you do enter the pharmacy, we ask that you please try to stay at least 6 feet from any other customer who also happens to be in the store.
- We would also prefer that you use credit and/or debit cards at checkout during this time, to limit the amount of unnecessary contact within the store.
- If you have any other questions or concerns, please call our pharmacy at 724-763-1201.
We understand that some of these requests may not be easy to comply with. Please keep in mind that these measures are to help control and limit any possible spread of the Coronavirus until such time as our government believes it is under control.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Staff at Klingensmith’s Drug Stores